Life can be torture for us language nerds and polyglots; maybe because we’ve just studied language too damn hard.
But sometimes, just sometimes, television series and movies just seem to really get us.
- When Ross’s outburst satisfied your inner grammar-nazi
2. When 30 Rock said what we’ve all been thinking all along
3. When Gloria expressed every polyglot’s struggle
4. When Eddie’s sarcasm in Trading Places was just too real for language learners
- When Don Draper experienced how little people care about grammar
- When Web Therapy totally understood what it feels like to get angry in another language
- When you shared the same fears as Sheldon
- When Orange is the New Black finally restored some logic to the world
- When Anna spoke for all multilinguals who understand movies on a different level (but then also frustrated them by saying ‘German’ instead of ‘Dutch’)
- When even the threat of war couldn’t stop Stannis from having impeccable grammar
- When you’ve been that third owl in Family Guy
- When Meryl in The Wide Window actually didn’t seem like such a crazy character to you
- When How I Met Your Mother understood that some insults are bigger than others
- And finally, when L’Auberge Espagnole showed the panic of being confronted with another language, and how hilarious misunderstandings occur
I know. You feel so understood right now. Are there any other TV or movie moments that made you say ‘EXACTLY’?
Put your language skills to good use through Europe Language Jobs, and find job offers in Europe that let you travel!