- When your friends don’t understand your love of languages
What do you mean you don’t care about the Oxford comma?
- When someone makes a grammatical mistake
- And you have to pretend you haven’t noticed
*Suppress the geek*
- When someone asks you to translate something for them/ say something in another language
Come on people, I’m not a walking dictionary (*secretly loving it*)
- When someone tries to correct your grammar
Really? That’s cute.
- When you notice a mistake on a menu/ notice-board/ poster
- When you realise that not everyone finds your random ‘language trivia’ as interesting as you do
Isn’t it amazing that the word ‘guy’ originally referred to Guy Fawkes…? Right? Guys..?
- When someone tells you you’re speaking in another language and you hadn’t realised
- When you get unreasonably excited about puns
But jokes about German sausages are the wurst
- When you start itching to learn another language
Because I CAN’T STOP
- When you know you’re a grammar nazi but you’re not doing it on purpose
You’re killing the vibe Stannis.
- But in the end, you know that when it comes to languages, you’re the boss
Keep it up language-lovers, the world needs you.
Do you recognise these situations? Did we miss anything out? Let us know!