Life can be difficult for us language students and polyglots; maybe because we’ve just studied languages too damn hard.
But sometimes, just sometimes, television series and movies just seem to really get language students.
1. When Ross’s outburst satisfied your inner grammar-nazi
2. When 30 Rock said what we’ve all been thinking all along
3. When Gloria expressed every polyglot’s struggle
4. When Eddie’s sarcasm in Trading Places was just too real for language learners
When Don Draper experienced how little people care about grammar
When Web Therapy totally understood what it feels like to get angry in another language
When you shared the same fears as Sheldon
When Orange is the New Black finally restored some logic to the world
When Anna spoke for all multilinguals who understand movies on a different level (but then also frustrated them by saying ‘German’ instead of ‘Dutch’)
When even the threat of war couldn’t stop Stannis from having impeccable grammar
When you’ve been that third owl in Family Guy
When Meryl in The Wide Window actually didn’t seem like such a crazy character to you
13. When How I Met Your Mother understood that some insults are bigger than others
And finally, when L’Auberge Espagnole showed the panic of being confronted with another language, and how hilarious misunderstandings occur
I know. You feel so understood right now. Are there any other TV or movie moments that made you say ‘EXACTLY’?
Put your language skills to good use through Europe Language Jobs, and find job offers in Europe that let you travel! Go from language student to language professional in a few minutes.