If you haven’t already done part 1 of the quiz of Europe 2019, make sure you do that first! If you have, welcome to part 2! A lot has happened in the European world of film, fashion, and music in 2019. Can you remember all of it?
Who headlined on the pyramid stage at Glastonbury?
Fedez collabed with which Swedish singer?
Which of these songs did Ed Sheeran NOT release this year?
Which French DJ’s older half-brother was elected as a member of the European Parliament this year?
Which country won Eurovision?
Which English band released the track list of their newest album in a welsh newspaper?
Which Scandivian DJ remixed Whitney Houston’s higher love to produce one of the songs of the year?
Which French electronic music duo participated in a groundbreaking electronic exhibition at the historic Paris Philharmonic?
Scottish Calvin Harris collaborated with which British singer-songwriter to create the hit song ‘Giant’?
Which Spanish singer had one of the most successful music videos of the year reaching over 2 billion views on YouTube?
Which English actress won best actress at the Oscar’s this year?
Which director HASN’T been nominated for an award at the 34th Goyas?
At which award's ceremony did Antonio Banderas win an award at this year?
Which global Swedish retail store halted it's leather purchases from Brazil in response to the 2019 Amazon rain forest Wildfires?
At the time of his death, the late Austrian Karl Lagerfeld (1933-2019) was creative director of which French fashion house?
We can explain some of the answers for you here:
- London grime artist Stormzy headlined the Pyramid Stage in 2019, Adele did the same in 2016, and Ed Sheeran in 2017.
- Fedez & Zara Larsson collaborated on the song ‘Holding out for You‘.
- Castle on the Hill was a hit in 2017.
- David Guetta’s older half-brother Bernard Guetta is a prominent French journalist, who was elected as an MEP in 2019.
- The Netherlands won Eurovision this year in Israel with Duncan Laurence.
- Coldplay revealed the track list to their latest album, Everyday Life, in north Wales’ Daily Post where lead singer Chris Martin used to work.
- Kygo remixed Whitney Houston’s ‘Higher Love‘ to make one of the most popular songs this year.
- In April 2019, The Philharmonie de Paris presented ‘From Kraftwerk to Daft Punk’, a major exhibition on electronic music.
- Calvin Harris and Rag’n’Bone man released the hit single ‘Giant’ this year.
- Rosalía has over 2 billion views on her song Altura, featuring J Balvin. https://youtu.be/p7bfOZek9t4
- Olivia Colman won best actress for her role in the film The Favourite.
- Sorogoyen won last year’s best Director award for his film The Realm.
- Antonio Banderas won best actor at Cannes Film Festival for his role in Almodóvar’s Dolor y gloria.
- The retailer H&M has stopped buying leather from the Amazon rainforest until “is confident that the material is not causing “environmental harm,”
- The fashion icon sadly passed away in February of this year, following almost 40 years working at Chanel.