Europe is an ancient, wacky continent, and it is possible to discover a fresh insanity every day.
Here are some that will make you go:
- All members of the Swedish monarchy must, by tradition, be blond. In extreme cases, they have been known to dye their hair if not.
2. Polish parents give a shot of vodka to their children on their 11th birthday to mark the journey towards adulthood.
3. When the ‘selfie’ first became popular, the word was banned from official social media channels in Italy due to Berlusconi’s distaste for Anglicisms entering the language
4. It is bad luck in Germany to end the night without a single beer glass being smashed. Some superstitious bar tenders will smash a glass themselves in the event of a quiet night.
5. Landlords in Switzerland are likely to throw you out if you flush your toilet or have a bath too late at night. While not completely illegal, it is considered very inconsiderate.
6. If you arrive late to a party in Scotland, your punishment is to recite a Robert Burns poem; every mistake you make means another swig of drink for you!
7. In 1857, a drunken attempt at indoor tennis by the royal court in Brussels resulted in the first recorded example of table tennis, more or less by accident!
How surprising were these facts to you?
They should have been very surprising, because this whole article is, in fact, a load of lies and an enormous waste of everyone’s time.
Are you laughing because you believed these facts were true?! Well then: Happy April Fool’s Day! ? ?
BUT: One of the above facts is genuinely true. Can you spot which one?
Share this article with your friends and see how many people you can fool! Enjoy 😀
P.S. TRUST NO ONE.